Monday, February 6, 2012

I've been doing some research lately which lead me to dig through my matchbook collection. I thought i would share a couple of my favorites.

The Meadowbrook Ballroom was one of the many great ballrooms in Culver City. During the early 1940's it thrived hosting a who's who of legends that not only broadcasted but also recorded countless sides.


Boureston's is legendary among the greatest dancers to ever step foot on a
floor in Los Angeles.  Between the years 1943 and 1945, the weekly dance was the
hottest location for the best to have their showdowns.


Another one the greatest ballroom's which so many have mentioned over the years
in their interviews. It was owned at one time by Harry James, before Tommy and Jimmy Dorsey took it over in the 1940's.

No comments:

Post a Comment